Friday, January 11, 2013

mozzarella bites! my family loves mozzarella sticks but they are pretty expensive not to mention unhealthy, so when I saw this recipe for mozzarella bites I was super excited to try them. I made a several changes to these in order to make them just right...and it totally paid off because these are truly amazing!
I cut string cheese into bite size pieces, dipped the pieces into a mixture of milk and beaten egg, and then rolled the bites in Italian panko bread crumbs mixed with regular bread crumbs. then I dipped them back into the milk mixture, n rolled them in the crumbs one last time. then I placed them all on a cookie sheet popped that in the freezer for about an hour and then baked them at 350 for about 5-10 minutes watching them carefully so that they don't become a melted mess!
 
 
I also made about 30 of these and after sticking them in the freezer on the cookie sheet for about 2 hours I placed them into a plastic bag and froze them for later on!


No comments:

Post a Comment